Imagine yourself on a remote trail inside a deep forest – tired and confused. You’ve been trekking for a day and a half. Sadly, you still have miles to go before you reach your destination. But the problem is, your feet have swollen with constant pain and cramps. You have blisters all over your feet. Your shoes have worn out too. It’s barely covering your feet by now. You can’t walk because of the ongoing trouble with your feet caused by the wrong pair of shoes you wore. This pair of shoes have single handedly ruined your trek, and also your chance of survival. In this article We’ve put together a comprehensive list of the best hiking & trekking shoes for you.
If the above scenario seems scary to you, then you should prepare yourself before heading for a trek or a hike. Yes, being an adventurer has its risks and struggles. But suffering just because you wore the wrong pair of shoes sounds pathetic. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive list of the best hiking & trekking shoes for you. Now you can just pick a suitable pair of shoes for you and be prepared for the adventures to come. So, without further ado, let’s check out the shoes one by one.
You might be also interested in: Top 10 Waterproof Shoes for Hiking
1. Vasque Men’s Juxt Multi-Sport Shoe
Product Description: Vasque’s versatile pair of shoes called Juxt is something you can wear at your work as well as your travels. The comfort you will get by wearing them is quite different from the shoes you’ve worn till now.
Design and Quality: Its premium suede leather upper with rubberized toe cap ensures you durability and coziness upon wearing it for heavy use. The Vibram OTG (off the grid) outsole with large surface lugs gives the shoes a solid foundation for carrying the weight.
- Compression-molded EVA midsole
- TPU heel/arch stabilizer
- Conveniently adjustable laces
- No significant drawbacks to mention
2. Ariat Terrain H2O Women’s Hiking Boot
Product Description: When you are on a hike, the weather changes above your head and the terrain changes beneath your feet. But these concern you little when you have Arait’s terrain H20 covering your feet. These women’s hiking shoes feature waterproof pro design so you’re good to go around water while trekking.
Design and Quality: Terrain H2O has a full-grain leather upper with waterproof membrane construction. The trademark Duratred outsoles are flexible enough for extensive usage.
- Shock-absorbing EVA midsole
- Lightweight stabilizing shank
- Might seem hefty to some people
3. Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Men’s Hiking Boots
Product Description: Exclusively designed keeping the hilly terrain in mind, Salomon’s X Ultra 3 Mid is your go-to pair of shoes for hiking. With its descent control technology, be in control of wherever you want to go and just step your foot! The rest will be taken care of by your shoes.
Design and Quality: The advanced chassis with foam cushioning inside offers comfort with a durable hold. The two-layered rubber sole gives a strong grip on the surface. Anti-debris mesh on the upper is perfect for trail paths and dusty areas.
- 2 years limited warranty
- Gore-Tex membrane makes it waterproof
- Sensifit foothold and OrthoLite sock liner
- Energy Cell with comfortable EVA foam
- Shoestrings are not up to the mark
4. KEEN Targhee II Women’s Hiking Shoe
Product Description: Keen’s Targhee II is the waterproof women’s hiking shoes that delivers what it promises. This hiking partner will give tremendous support on trails while keeping your feet clean and protected.
Design and Quality: The nubuck leather upper with waterproof membrane protection is what makes these shoes appealing to adventurers. The rubber outsole with 4mm multi-directional lugs guarantees a solid grip on the ground when you’re walking and running along trails and streams.
- Removable metatomical footbed with EVA midsole
- Patented toe bed for extra protection
- The tongue could have been wider
5. Mountain Warehouse Adventurer Women’s Hiking Boots
Product Description: When your hiking shoes are also waterproof, it’s a cherry on top for you. These sturdy hiking boots from Mountain Warehouse ensures you a better experience on trails with or without water. Its breathable physique has that comfort you always hoped for in a pair of women’s hiking shoes.
Design and Quality: The combination of 100% synthetic upper and waterproof membrane structure works toward a longer product lifetime. Deep lugs with high traction on the outsole keep you steady on any surface.
- Rubberized bumper protection for toes and heel
- Cushioned footbed for added comfort on wearing
- Arch support could be better
6. NORTIV 8 Men’s Waterproof Hiking Boots
Product Description: Who doesn’t love heavy-duty hiking shoes for men which also cool? These waterproof hiking boots keep you covered in any weather and any place.
Design and Quality: The core material of these boots is durable nubuck leather. The headliner of its design will be waterproof protection and lining with advanced heat reflection technology. Multi-directional on rubber soles support you through all conditions in your treks.
- The manufacturing process is supervised by a special quality control team
- EVA footbed with supportive cushions
- Might be a bit heavy for some people
7. Merrell Moab 2 Vent Women’s Hiking Shoe
Product Description: Stated by the manufacturer as the “Mother of all boots”, the Moab 2 is a favorite among female hikers and trekkers. And when you put them on, it leaves you no doubt as to why it’s so famous. The thinking process behind these shoes was so precise, that you immediately feel the sheer elegance upon wearing them.
Design and Quality: The suede leather and mesh blend of the upper gives your feet the space to breathe while ensuring durability. The top-quality Vibram rubber outsole keeps you from slipping with its strong grip.
- Features comfortable air cushioning
- Footbed with contoured EVA
- Might be too hefty for some people
8. Columbia Newton Ridge Plus II Men’s Best Hiking & Trekking Shoes
Product Description: Columbia is a household name for making quality hiking shoes for men. The Newton Ridge Plus II has been specially designed by them keeping the passionate adventurers in mind.
Design and Quality: The upper is made by combining waterproof suede leather with mesh construction. The Omni-grip offered by the rubberized sole gives you ultimate control over various terrains you may face while trekking.
- Techlite midsole with comfy cushioning
- Sturdy mesh tongue
- Comes in nine exciting colors
- The shoelaces have room for improvement
9. Merrell Moab 2 Mid Men’s Best Hiking & Trekking Shoes
Product Description: Merrel’s Moab 2 has made its way into this list – this time with the men’s variant. The Moab 2 Mid, with its waterproof protection, enhances your confidence to run, jump, and move ahead in life.
Design and Quality: The mesh and suede leather made upper guarantees your companion for many adventures to come. The sturdy grip of these shoes is credited to the rubber outsole with multi-directional lugs.
- Closed-cell tongue made of foam gives you comfort and keeps your feet moisture-free
- The kinetic fit advanced insole
- EVA Vibram midsole
- M Select Dry membrane on the upper keeps your feet protected
- Protective toe cap made of rubber
- The signaling mirror is a bit too small
10. Timberland White Ledge Mid Men’s Best Hiking & Trekking Shoes
Product Description: The last entry on this list is a heavy-duty pair of boots from a reputed manufacturer – Timberland’s White Ledge. These premium hiking shoes for men can kill you only with its looks. If you want a sturdy pair of hiking boots that will go with any outfit and any environment, look no more! Because you can even wear the White Ledge to your work.
Design and Quality: Premium leather from a silver-rated tannery is what makes the White Ledge Mid stand out among the crowd of hiking boots. Aside from the quality upper, the seam-sealed waterproof build clears up the cloud of confusion you may have on the durability. For traction on diverse terrain, these beasts from Timberland has multi-directional lugs on the sturdy rubber outsole.
- Removable EVA footbed with dual-density
- Padded collar for extra comfort
- ReBOTL recycled fabric linings
- Quality rear pull loop
- Erosion-resistant speed lace hooks
- No significant drawback to mention
That’s the end of our list on the best hiking & trekking shoes you can get your hands on right now. This list is the result of extensive researches done by our team so that you don’t get confused while shopping. Now all you have to do is look through the list once more and note down what you like about which pair of shoes. After you finish comparing all of them, you’ll find your companion yourself. We wish you the best of luck for your upcoming endeavors in the wilderness. But before your eyes feast on the beauty of nature – don’t forget to put on your best hiking & trekking shoes!