You are cruising through a tropical rainforest in South America and, suddenly, there’s a huge storm. How do you plan to protect yourself from such a disastrous natural calamity? You might look for a cave, a large tree, or, if you’re lucky enough, you might discover an abandoned cottage. These scenarios are uncertain and you cannot compromise your survival by living on uncertainty. Analyzing all the risks and options in hand, it is always a wise decision to carry a survival tent in your backpack.
For making an effective shelter in a short time, a survival tent is necessary. The tent is probably one of the smartest inventions of mankind. Nowadays, the tents come with various features and benefits, which literally allows you to set up a small home of your own inside.
But when you are choosing your survival tent, you need to be precise and careful with the features you look for. You need to carefully examine the material of the tent and whether it is resilient to wear and tear. You need to check the strength of the poles, the zippers, etc. You also need to ensure whether the tent is suitable for weather and climate conditions. To help you find the best, we bring you an integrated list of some of the finest survival tents available in the market.
You might be also interested in: Camping and Survival Gear
1. Wakeman 2-Person Dome Tent
Product Description: If you are looking for a tent that is rugged and can be used in any environment, you should give this tent a shot. The tent can withstand any strong breeze and it comes with a rain fly for providing maximum protection from heavy rain.
Design and Quality: The spacious tent is built with a durable nylon fabric that will offer you comfort in any weather condition. The tent has a height of 3.5 feet and a width of 6.5 feet, so it can easily provide room for two people.
- The poles of the tent are made with fiberglass, providing stout support.
- It has a window for the proper circulation of air.
- It can be easily folded to conveniently carry it on a backpack.
2. Featherstone 2 Person Backpacking Tent
Product Description: Looking for a tent that is spacious and durable? Then check out this amazing tent from Featherstone! The tent has enough room for 2 people to have a sound sleep at night. The tent is made with high-end materials that makes it lightweight and portable.
Design and Quality: The manufacturers have used micro-mesh material to ensure the proper flow of wind inside the tent. The tent comes with two doors and two vestibules to store your essential gear or tools. It has a seam-taped formation, which helps to avoids any leakage.
- The tent can be easily framed with the help of its aluminum poles.
- It comes with a rainfly to prevent the tent from getting wet.
- The tent is made with 210-denier Nylon.
3. Stansport Scout 2 person Camping Tent
Product Description: After setting up the tent, you will get a flashback of your school scouting days. The tent has a classic design and it is constructed with high-end materials. The tent has the ability to endure any weather conditions and ensure safety in harsh climates.
Design and Quality: The tent has been crafted using a polyurethane-coated nylon textile that is set to provide comfort in 3 out of 4 seasons. The tent comes with a mesh that protects you from bugs or insects and provides privacy to the users since it is opaque.
- The tent has enough room for 2 people to sleep.
- The tent is lightweight and compact, making it easy to relocate.
- You can set up the tent swift using its aluminum poles.
4. Abco Tech Pop Up-Automatic Instant Tent
Product Description: When traveling in the wild, it is quite natural that you will encounter impulsive weather changes. And Abco Tech allows you to pop up the tent in a matter of minutes since it can be framed easily and swiftly. It is a high-quality tent, recommended by hikers and trekkers.
Design and Quality: The tent offers you two doors that can be zipped from both inside and outside. It contains two windows with a mesh system, enhancing breathability and sufficient ventilation while inside the tent.
- The tent comes in a storage bag making it portable.
- It has a two-layered door to provide proper security.
- The tent is lightweight and durable.
5. LytHarvest Bivvy Bag Tent
Product Description: You probably haven’t seen tents of this shape and size before and this what makes the tent exclusive. The tent can be prepared and framed in any location due to its petite design. The floor of the tent is seam-taped, allowing it to stay dry even in wet surfaces.
Design and Quality: The tent weighs 1.7 kilograms, making it convenient to carry in your backpack. It comes with a window on the surface allowing adequate circulation of wind. Also, the tent is made with a PU5000MM material, which ensures its durability.
- The tent is fully waterproof and prevents leakage.
- It has enough space for one person to sleep comfortably.
- You can easily frame the tent with its shock-corded aluminum rods.
6. Go Time Gear Life Tent Emergency Survival Shelter
Product Description: The name gives you a very clear view of the quality of the tent. Made for providing you shelter in case of an emergency or an untoward event, this tent is ultra-light and it has a minimalistic structure, which allows you to carry it anywhere.
Design and Quality: The tent is made with a high-end polythene fabric that is resilient to wear and tear. Even if it’s raining heavily out, you have nothing to worry about because the tent has got your back. The material of the tent makes it waterproof and it can protect you from snow as well.
- It offers an emergency whistle
- It includes a Para-sync technology paracord string to secure the tent
- The interior can trap up to ninety-percentage of body heat.
7. Coleman Sundome Tent
Product Description: Coleman brings you a very well-designed and spacious tent. The tent is perfect for all kinds of weather conditions. The tent has the ability to withstand strong breezes and harsh environments. The tent is pretty reliable and efficient in providing shelter during an emergency.
Design and Quality: The manufacturers have cautiously built the tent, keeping in mind the adverse conditions of the wild. The tent consists of big windows and a ground aperture for sufficient ventilation. The tent is crafted using 75 denier Polyester taffeta.
- It has a slot for an E-port
- The tent can be set up within 10 minutes
- It contains pouches for storing essentials.
8. CORE Instant Cabin Survival Tent
Product Description: If you want to talk about the SUV of tents, then this tent from Core could represent a high-end SUV. So far, we talked about tents who can fit 2 people and some 4, but this tent has the ability to fit 9 people. The tent literally has two compartments for 2 families to reside.
Design and Quality: If you’re making a tent that big of a size, you need to ensure its durability and robustness. The manufacturer has used 68D polyester material for the body of the tent and it is completely waterproof.
- It has a venting system for cooling the compartment
- It includes a detachable rainfly
- It has telescoping poles to frame the tent swiftly.
9. ALPS Mountaineering Lynx Survival Tent
Product Description: This is one of the best sellers of Alps Company because of its high quality and endurance ability. It is easily set up with the help of its poles clips that can be attached to the tent poles.
Design and Quality: The tent has been constructed using polyester taffeta, which accounts for its durability and comfort. It contains a vestibule for storing large gear and tools.
- The tent is resistant to water and harmful UV rays
- The tent allows proper ventilation
- Additionally, the tent has sufficient zippers and ropes.
10. Coleman Cabin Survival Tent
Product Description: This is the best tent on the list, given the specifications and price range. The incredible build quality and huge capacity make it stand out. Hikers recommend using the tent when exploring the wild.
Design and Quality: Coleman made the tent using 150D polyester materials. The taped seams provide excellent prevention from water sipping inside the tent. The bathtub floors of the tents avoid the tent floor from getting wet.
- It has a cutting-edge technology of keeping the interior dark in bright light
- It is very simple to set up and dismantle the tent
- Comes with a storage bag making it portable
To conclude, you have come across some of the words such as durable, easy to set up, waterproof, etc. frequently in this write-up. And these are the exact attributes you should be looking for when buying a survival tent. It is crucial to have a survival tent that not only provides you shelter and protection in harsh conditions but also provides you utmost comfort.