Life in the woods is pretty exhilarating and full of thrill. You get a first-hand experience of the primitive nature and features of living in the wild. The woods will give you a completely new enthralling feel but there’s also a definite amount of risk associated in such conditions. Later on after figuring out all the possible ways to reduce your risk of surviving in the woods you need to assemble the applicable essential survival gear.
Out there in the woods, it’s a matter of a second for you to be in a detrimental state if you are not careful enough. Every step you take in the wild should be calculated and well gauged. You need to have appropriate knowledge and conduct your prior research on the location.
The gear will work as a gateway to devise a smooth and secure trip. The write up strives to bring out some of the essential survival gear to survive and subsist in the woods.
You might be also interested in: Our Top Picks for High Tech Survival Gear
1. Ever Ready First Aid Blanket
Product Description: This blanket will surely give you a proper sound sleep even in the vilest surroundings. The sort of blankets used by military personnel to survive extreme conditions.
Design and Quality: A significant portion of the blanket is made out of wool that allows block the heat and provide utmost comfort.
- The material used in the blanket makes it fireproof
- It is lightweight, which makes it convenient to carry
- The blanket is large enough to cover anyone
2. Essential Survival Gear: Ydfagak Compass
Product Description: The highly calibrated compass should always be in your pocket whenever you go out explore the wild. It can help you to find the way in the shadiest of sites
Design and Quality: The compass is made of high-end material that causes it to be sturdy and sensitive.
- The compass has a minimalistic design that fits anywhere.
- It is resistant to water and is not affected by heavy shakes or vibration
- It comes with a hook
3. Essential Survival Gear: UST StarFlash Micro Signal Mirror
Product Description: In case of an emergency, this is an ideal tool. It has an exclusive aiming system that allows signaling accurately.
Design and Quality: The mirror comes with a high quality glass that is shatter proof.
- It has a compact design and very easy to hold
- Works efficiently on low light settings
- Consists of a lanyard for a firm grip
4. Essential Survival Gear: Greenerways Organic Natural Bug Spray
Product Description: In the woods, it is imminent to face insects and bugs, some insect bites can even turn out to be poisonous. It is essential to carry this item to avoid any such mishap.
Design and Quality: It made out of vital organic oils that helps to resist mosquitoes and various other insects.
- It is free from toxic chemicals.
- It has a pleasant citrus flavor scent
- It comes in a small size making it easier to pack
5. Redneck Convent Versatile Snare Wire
Product Description: You possess an instinct of hunting while out in the wild and this snare wire will make it simpler.
Design and Quality: Each wire is 60 inches in length that includes a lapel made of polyethylene plastic.
- The product is user friendly
- It comes with a floating deer stop to ensure security
- It is durable and long lasting
You might also want to read: Bushcraft Skills
6. BPS Knives BK06 Bushcraft Knife
Product Description: A superlative knife for surviving in the wild. It has the capability to carve food and cut through rough surface.
Design and Quality: The knife blade is made from superior quality stainless steel making it efficient and quite sharp.
- It has a stylish wooden handle
- It comes with a genuine leather casing
- The blade of the knife is resistant to corrosion and scratches
7. GoFire Fire Starters
Product Description: This proficient kit can be used to ignite a fire swiftly. The kindled fire is long lasting when compared to the other fire starters in market.
Design and Quality: The flame can stay lit for up to 10 minutes and the chemicals used are harmless.
- The match kit is waterproof and it can even light up in water or snow.
- The flame is highly resilient to strong winds
- It is small in design, which makes it convenient to store
8. Trail Saver Pepper Spray
Product Description: If you have prior experience of camping in the woods, you may know that you can encounter wild animals or attacker at any moment. This pepper spray can be an ideal safeguard in such unpredictable events.
Design and Quality: It uses a police standard OC pepper spray that is highly effective and able to shoot from a distance of 25 feet.
- Applying and using the spray is pretty straightforward
- It offers a case that includes an emergency whistle
- It consists of an integrated compass and a bright LED light
9. Skyocean Pocket Chainsaw
Product Description: A convenient and effective tool that can be used critically in case of an emergency. It has solid grip and has the ability to cut through tough objects.
Design and Quality: It is built with 11 spiky blades that makes it competent to cut through strong objects.
- It offers a firm paracord grip to ensure better stability while cutting
- The length of the grip can be adjusted and increased to 275 inches
- It comes with a pouch, which makes it handy.
10. Earth Pak Waterproof Backpack
Product Description: The type of backpack you need to store all your essential gear. The bag has an incredible amount of storage capacity of 55 liters.
Design and Quality: The bag has multiple colors to choose from and the material of the bag 500D PVC.
- It is completely water resistant
- It has several compartments and it also contains hidden pockets
- The belts of the backpack are adequately padded to ensure utmost comfort
11. Ohuhu Camping Stove
Product Description: A crucial equipment for surviving in the woods is this portable stove. It is accessible and easy to operate.
Design and Quality: Made out of premium quality stainless steel this stove robust and durable.
- Branches, sticks and dry leaves can naturally fuel it.
- It has a firm base which assures steadiness
- It can be folded which makes it convenient to carry
12. FARLAND Sleeping Bags
Product Description: It is important to get a proper sleep to keep your body healthy and even in adverse conditions; this sleeping bag will ensure a contented sleep.
Design and Quality: It is made out of 290T Nylon fabric and filled with polyester making it water resistant
- The sleeping bag is foldable and suitable to carry in backpack
- It can be used for multiple purposes
- Able to be used in any weather condition
13. RUNACC Water Purifier
Product Description: Water is a necessity in our daily lives and in the woods, there’s a scarcity of pure water. The perfect solution to this problem is this water purifier that can decontaminate 99.99% germs.
Design and Quality: It can filter up to 2000 liters of impure water through it’s cutting edge filtration system.
- The kit is small in size and easily transportable
- It comes with a ball pump that eradicates the hassle of sucking
- It can be attached to containers
14. Essential Survival Gear: ASA Techmed First Aid Kit
Product Description: It is natural for you to have a slight injury or a small cut while adventuring in the wild and these issues can be tackled with the help of this first aid kit.
Design and Quality: The bag is made out of 1000D nylon fabric that makes it resilient and long-lasting.
- The kit bag consists of 11 pieces of medical amenities
- It is resistant to water
- It has a dual zipper system making it easy to access
15. Essential Survival Gear: Go Time Gear Life Tent
Product Description: This premium tent should be your go-to equipment whenever you go out in the wild. The tent has been specifically built to work as an emergency shelter in harsh locations.
Design and Quality: The tent is built using extremely thick material that is resistant to wear and tear.
- The tent is highly resistant to water and strong winds
- It comes with a 550-pound nylon core paracord.
- The tent can be setup easily and it comes with bag making it portable
The fifteen essential survival gear listed above should motivate all the nature lovers out there to explore the woods. If you have the drive, you will immediately start packing and head out on a new challenge to an escapade. You have all sorts of information at the palm of your hand; the only thing holding you back now is your willpower.