Whenever you are out in the wild for an adventure, there’s always a chance of it going sideways. Some essential kits will always come handy in those kinds of situations. And some other kits are going to give you comfort. While heading out into the wilderness you don’t have to leave comfort behind. You should never give up the comfort of your neck regardless of where you choose to sleep because waking up with neck pain from improper sleep can ruin the next day of hiking. You may have decided to fold up clothes to use as a pillow. But instead of that, why not invest in compressible wilderness survival pillows? Those pillows are extremely lightweight, compact, and easy to carry. So, there is no reason that your neck should suffer.
There are many manufacturers of camping wilderness survival pillows. To pick out the best one you have to consider the packing space, weight, durability, comfort, and compressibility. So, picking out the one that will yield the required outcomes can be a hard job for you. That is why we have come up with a list of wilderness survival pillows to help you choose the best inflatable and compressible pillows available.
You might be also interested in: Wilderness Technology
1. Teton Sports ComfortLite Pillow
ComfortLite camping wilderness survival pillows re durable, soft, and inflates itself to the desired thickness. It can be completely inflated to 18″ x 10″ x 4″, which is the right balance of comfort and portability. This pillow has two types of fabric, the top layer is a microfiber cover for sleeping on and the other layer is a grey non-slip material. The microfiber top gives superior next-to-skin comfort and feels soft against your face and the non-slip bottom keeps the pillow in place. It gives you the flexibility to let a little air out and adjust the firmness to however you prefer. The pillow remains pretty quiet throughout the night. You can easily clean it by wiping it with a wet cloth. The pillow is sufficiently large for you to rest your head around comfortably.
1. ComforTech stretch microfiber top offers a sleeping surface that is soft and durable
3. Easier setup and takedown by rapid inflation and deflation valves
4. Non-slip heavy-duty base to keep the pillow in place
5. Stuff sack included
6. Lifetime warranty
7. 12 ounces weight
8. Size can be expanded to 18x10x4 inches
9. Packed size is 13×3.5×3.5 inches when compressed
1. Very comfortable
2. Reasonable price
3. High-quality materials
4. Self inflates quickly
1. When you move around, materials may make noise
2. Your head will slip off when fully inflated
3. It retains the body heat
2. Aeros Pillow by Sea to Summit
The Aeros wilderness technology pillow by Sea to Summit requires only 6 to 8 breaths to inflate to its full size. The whole pillow is knitted with polyester fabric. When it’s deflated, it packs into the size as small as a coffee cup.
1. It comes with a multi-functional valve that helps in inflating the pillow with only 2/3 breaths.
2. It comes with a synthetic pillow case and TPU coating for your comfort.
3. The internal baffles are designed curved so that it holds your head.
4. The bottom edge of the pillow is scalloped.
5. Brushed 50D polyester knit soft touch and long durability
1. The internal baffle is in curvy shape for the head to rest comfortably.
2. Packs down to a very small size like a coffee mug
3. Needs only 3-4 full breaths to inflate
1. If the pillow isn’t fully inflated your head will roll-off
2. Some valve leakage issues
3. The rubber bladder is vulnerable to punctures
3. Trekology Comfort Wilderness Technology Pillow
This inflatable pillow is both ultralight and compact with an ergonomic design. It inflates up to 16x12x4 inches. The underside of the pillow is slip-resistant to prevent it from moving all over in the evening.
The best part of this pillow is the small area it packs into (5 x 2 inches).
1. Small in size and light in weight
2. TPU fabric
1. It can pack down into a tiny stuff sack
2. Comfortable and supportive to sleep on
3. Takes a few breaths to inflate
1. Material easily gets cold
2. Over time the air begins to leak
3. Hard to deflate and repack
4. WellaX Ultralight Camping Pillow
This is an inflatable wilderness technology pillow with an ergonomic design. It is made of nylon fabric to make it comfortable and soft. The back of the pillow is made of slip-resistant material to prevent the pillow from moving around while sleeping.
1. Inflates in seconds to 16x12x4 inches
2. Slip-resistant material at the back of the pillow
3. made of 100% top quality silk
1. It can pack down to the size of a soda can
2. Needs only 2-3 breaths to inflate
3. Back of the pillow slip-resistant
1. Air leaks possibility
2. Noisey at night
3. You have to wash it and air it out
5. Thermarest Backpacking Wilderness Technology Pillow
The Thermarest compressible wilderness technology pillow is large enough for to you move around at night, no chance of your head hitting the rocky ground. It gives a soft feel on the outer side and is thick. You should fluff up the pillow significantly before washing the pillow. The weight of the pillow depends on its size. Packing the pillow up is very easy- roll and put it into the pillowcase and tie the drawstrings tightly. The pillow packs into a large shoe size. It is very easy to clean- put it into a washing machine and then into a drier.
1. Gentle cover made from ultra-soft recycled fabric
2. Upcycled foam for comfort
3. Compressible enough
1. Soft and comfy to sleep on
2. Color choice options
3. Comes with a carrying case
1. Uneven foam stuffing
2. The outer material is a bit sticky
3. Drying it out requires a long time
6. Coop Home Goods Camping Pillow
This pillow resembles the ones that we use at home. The pillow is filled with memory foam. The cover of the pillow is made from a mixture of viscose rayon and polyester. It is a hypoallergenic and dust, mite resistant pillow.
2. Memory foam inside
1. More comfortable than other camping pillows
1. Takes more space than other pillows
7. Redcamp Outdoor Camping Pillow
This pillow isn’t inflatable. It is filled with spun cotton. The case of the pillow can be removed to wash. It is larger than usual for you to have enough headspace on this pillow.
1. Filled with spun cotton
2. Removable flannel case
2. Easy to clean
1. A bit large
8. TheBigBlueMtn Ultralight Wilderness Survival Pillows
This pillow comes in pairs with a bag for each. A carabiner is also offered to attach them to your bag and not take much backpack space. To blow up the pillow you do not need any equipment.
1. Comes in a pair
2. Several color options
1. Moderately larger than any other pillow (17x12x4 inches)
1. The valve might be a bit hard to use
9. Klymit Travel Wilderness Survival Pillows
With Klymit travel pillows, it can be used as seat cushions as well as be used to have a proper sleep but also use it as a seat cushion. The ‘X’ design on the pillow lets your head to stay at the center of the pillow. When the pillow is deflated, it’s very easy to store it in any hood of a backpack freeing up enough space for all other essential items.
1. Weighs less than 2 ounces and packs to as small as a lighter size
2. This pillow inflates up to 15x11x4 inches
1. Light and Packable
2. Self-centering X design supports your head
3. Adjustable height and pressure
1. Uncomfortable sleeping position because of the X design
10. Marchway Compact Wilderness Survival Pillows
The Marchway camping pillow can be used for different purposes. After deflating it, you can easily fit into your backpack or even into your pocket. It is made with soft elastic polyester so making it strong as well as water-resistant. Its ergonomic design helps you to have a good sleep regardless of wherever you are.
1. Inflates up to 16x12x4 inches
2. A double-layered air valve is used to let the air-in and the air-out to go through two different valves
3. Ergonomic design
4. less than 3 ounces
1. Ultralight and Super Compact
2. Stays soft during the cold weather
1. Not durable enough
To conclude, this guide showcases the best 10 wilderness survival pillows that will help you to survive in the wilderness. We now leave it to you to take on from where we have left and narrow down to the one that mirrors your needs.